What is Touch For Health?
“Touch for Health empowers individuals to be productive in their own wellness without replacing any branch of health care. Our primary focus is on the achievement of positive goals and optimal wellness.”
— Touch for Health, The Complete Edition
by John Thie, DC and Matthew Thie, M.Ed
What is Touch For Health?
Touch for Health is a system of kinesiology that uses muscle monitoring as a biofeedback system to determine what stimuli create stress in the body, and how that stress can be decreased to better balance the body’s energy. It is one of the most widely used systems of kinesiology in the world and has helped millions of people achieve greater comfort, vitality, and well-being in their lives.
- Touch for Health is the most widely used system of Kinesiology in the world.
- Millions of people have experienced and benefited from Touch for Health to balance posture, emotions, and energy to enhance whole-body health.
- Touch for Health can be learned and used by everyone to enhance your own health, as well as the health and well-being of your friends, and family.
- As a health practitioner, Touch for Health can easily be incorporated into your practice to help your clients achieve better results.
- Touch for Health has been safely used since 1973 in over 100 countries, (and the Touch for Health manuals have been translated into many languages.)
Touch for Health falls under the branch of complementary care known as Kinesiology – systems of healing that uses manual muscle testing as a biofeedback system for gathering information from the body. It is a stand-alone healing modality as well as being recognized and respected as a fundamental training source responsible for the emergence of Specialized Kinesiology, Energy Kinesiology, and even Energy Psychology.
The Touch for Health model does not diagnose, or treat named diseases, or symptoms, but is designed to be complementary to appropriate professional health care. TFH does not help any and every human situation all by itself. A person might also benefit from drugs, surgery, vitamins, minerals, psychological counseling, chiropractic, etc.
Touch for Health works with the energy, lifestyle, and goals of the person, offering a safe and effective way to maintain health, enhance well-being, and upgrade performance. Balancing the energy of the body encourages and supports the intrinsic healing process, allowing the body to heal itself more effectively and more rapidly.
The Self-Responsibility Model – A Key Concept for Touch for Health
The self-responsibility model for health used by Touch for Health practitioners emphasizes the importance of individuals taking ownership of their own health and well-being. This model recognizes that each person has a unique set of physical, emotional, and mental factors that influence their health, and that individuals have the power to make choices and take actions that positively impact their health.
Touch for Health practitioners empower their clients to become active participants in their own healing by educating them on the interconnectedness of the body and mind, and by teaching them self-care techniques such as movement exercises, nutrition, and stress management. By promoting self-responsibility, Touch for Health practitioners encourage their clients to take charge of their health and become the driving force behind their own healing journey.
It is every individual’s responsibility to determine for themselves if Touch for Health is beneficial, and/or whether they need to seek expert care. For serious illness, injury, or continuing, worsening or severe symptoms, always seek the services of a health care professional.
Who Can Learn Touch for Health?
Touch for Health can easily be learned by anyone without any prior knowledge of muscles, muscle testing, physiology, vital energy, meridians, etc.
All of this is taught to you in the practical, hands-on Touch for Health workshops that are facilitated in over 60 countries world-wide by certified Touch for Health Instructors, who have been trained by the faculty of the International Kinesiology College (IKC).
To gain confidence in using your Touch for Health skills to balance the body, all it takes a little practice! The more practice you get, the more you are helping yourself, and others move towards the achievement of positive goals, optimal wellness, and supporting the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Benefits of Learning & Practicing Touch for Health Kinesiology
Participation in a Touch for Health Workshop Can Help You:
- Develop Personal Awareness and Clarify Your Personal Goals
- Clear Energetic Blocks (mental, emotional, physical)
- Increase Energy & Vitality
- Release Mental & Emotional Stress
- Enhance Health & Wellness
- Relieve Pain & Release Tension (headaches, backaches, stomach aches, shoulders, etc.)
- Improve Performance (at work, school, home, sports, relationships)
- Identify Foods which Enhance Your Energy (and foods that do not.)
- Help Prevent Disease & Injury
- Accelerate Recovery from Illness & Injuries
- Balance Your Energy Flow to Enhance Your Personal Well-Being (be your best self, reach your life goals, and enjoy life to the fullest.)
Shop for TFH Resources
Find a TFH Workshop
Search for a
TFH Session Provider
Get the TFHKA eNewsletter